My Experience with Norwex Microfiber
As a person who lives with asthma and the neurological disorder dystonia, I’ve been interested in chemical free options for cleaning the house for several years. (Actually, my family does most of it now but I digress.) I’ve experimented with making my own cleaners over the past few years. I really didn’t like making the time to do this and I also found that using baking soda required a little more effort on my part to avoid leaving a residue so that fell flat too.
I also purchase green cleaners on occasion from Target and the natural food store in our area. The smells varied from okay to great but I always wondered if they were really picking up bacteria or just swishing it around while smelling nice.
I’ve heard about Norwex a number of times over the past few years but I never looked into them because in all honesty I hate cleaning the house, much less actually try to sell them! Nonetheless when Norwex offered their free sign up in September, I decided to check it out and try the product for itself.
I had a little trouble believing that I could easily and effectively clean around the house with just a microfiber cloth and water but found to my surprise that Norwex does just that. The first place I tried was my toothpaste-spattered bathroom mirror. The Norwex microfiber cloth easily took it off and there was a depth to the clean that I had never achieved before with a sponge, paper towel and cleaner. I went on to the bathroom sink and found it to be simple and effective at cleaning it up.
I used the other envirocloth in my kit to use around the kitchen. I wiped down the granite counter tops, the refrigerator and all the appliances that were overdue for a good wipe down. As I found with the bathroom, there was a “depth of clean” that I had not seen before. Plus it was so simple to use – just the Norwex microfiber cloth and water.
Cleaning the blinds is another chore that I hate and the dust build up on the blinds reflect that. I used the Norwex dust mitt to take off the bulk of the dust. It adhered to the dust mitt without flying around and I just shook it off outside. I then wiped it down with the Norwex microfiber cloth. Fast and easy. I might actually keep up with this now.
What makes the Norwex microfiber cloth safe and effective?
- Norwex Microfiber is 1/200th the size of a human hair, yet it holds up to seven times its weight in matter. As you lightly wipe the surfaces around your home, the microfibers will pick up the tiniest particles of dust and trap them in the fibers.
- Unlike cotton cloths that just spread the dirt and bacteria around, Norwex Microfiber (when used wet) lifts these elements away from the surface and up into the cloth. Once inside the cloth, the micro silver goes to work against the bacteria and fungi within 24 hours so that it can be used again.
What are the benefits of cleaning with Norwex Microfiber?
- Chemical free cleaning is of utmost importance to families who are living with chronic illness or disabilities. Chemical fumes and residue can exacerbate physical symptoms. With Norwex cleaning products, we have the assurance that we are not breathing or touching harmful substances and our children are not ingesting harmful chemicals.
- Norwex saves money over time by reducing the use of household cleaners, paper towels and other supplies. The average household spends $450-$600 on cleaning supplies per year.
How do I care for my Norwex Microfiber cloth?
- Launder Norwex Microfiber cloths with other lint-free laundry.
- Wash only with Norwex Ultra Power Plus or another environmentally friendly brand that does not contain fillers or bleach. Additionally, do not use bleach, fabric softener or dryer sheets with Norwex products.
- Try soaking your microfiber in hot water with a little Ultra Power Plus (or other environmentally friendly detergent) overnight, then launder as usual.
- You can also gently boil your microfiber clothes for 10 minutes to remove stubborn stains and odors, but this treatment should only be done up to four times a year.
Does Norwex guarantee its products?
Norwex backs its commitment to quality with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. They will replace or exchange any merchandise you receive that is damaged or defective to your complete satisfaction.
In summary, cleaning is a physical drain for me and that is why I tend to procrastinate about it. I’ve enjoyed trying out Norwex. After seeing first hand how simple it can be to clean without the use of chemicals, I decided to become a consultant to get the product at a discount and share the benefits with my friends and readers.
You can follow my product updates at my Suncoast Momma Facebook page or at my dedicated Norwex Facebook page. I will be offering Facebook parties on a monthly basis. If you’re a local friend, contact me about getting in on my monthly order to get free shipping.